Here are some of the reasons our members love Student-Alumni Council.
• Outreach: Student-Alumni Council connects students, past, present, and future. Many of our initiatives seek to benefit both students and alumni.
• Leadership: Our members are active members of the campus community and frequently volunteer around campus with OSUAA and other student organizations.
• Friendship: Many SAC members cite this as their favorite part about joining SAC! We enjoy what we do for the university, and having a great group of people to work with makes it so much more fun!
• Professionalism: Even though SAC likes to have fun, we learn many skills transferable to life after college. The variety of experiences that SAC provides will make you a great candidate for a job down the road and prepare you for the future.
How to apply?
The Student-Alumni Council member application for the 2022-23 school year opens this year on the first day of classes: Tuesday, August 23. The application will close on Sunday, October 9 at 11:59 p.m. During our open application season, applicants will be asked to do the following:
1) Attend an Information Session to learn more about our organization and the application process (REQUIRED)
- Monday, August 29 at 6 p.m. (Suzanne M. Shaffer Room, Ohio Union)
- Wednesday, September 7 at 7:30 p.m. (Tanya Rutner Room, Ohio Union )
- Monday, September 12 at 7 p.m. (Hayes Cape Room)
- Monday, September 19 at 6 p.m. (RPAC Meeting Room #3)
- Monday, October 3 at 7 p.m. (SAC Room, KBK Center Ohio Union)
- Sunday, October 9 at 7 p.m. (zoom session)
2) Attend one of our general body meetings and Prospective New Members Events (recommended)
- General Body Meetings: Thursday’s at 6 p.m. (Student-Alumni Council Room, 2nd floor Ohio Union)
- Friday, September 23 Scoopin’ with SAC at 3-5 p.m.
- Monday, September 26 Wakin’ Up with SAC 10 a.m.- noon
- Monday, October 3 Grillin’ and Chillin’ with SAC from 4-6 p.m.
3) Complete and submit our online application by Sunday, October 9 at 11:59 p.m.
For more information on upcoming events, deadlines and updates during our recruitment season, follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.