Why join SAC?
Here are some of the top reasons that our members cite when asked why they love the Student-Alumni Council.
• Outreach: Student-Alumni Council focuses on reaching out to students, past, present, and future. We have many initiatives that seek to benefit both students and alumni.
• Leadership: Our members are active members of the campus community and frequently volunteer around campus with OSUAA and other student organizations.
• Friendship: Many SAC members cite this as their favorite part about joining SAC! We enjoy what we do for the university, and having a great group of people to work with makes it so much more fun!
• Professionalism: Even though SAC likes to have fun, we learn many skills transferable to life after college. The variety of experiences that SAC provides will make you a great candidate for a job down the road and prepare you for the future.
How to apply?
The Student-Alumni Council member application for the 2021-22 school year opens this year on the first day of classes: Tuesday, August 23. The application will close on Sunday, October 10 at 11:59 p.m. During our open application season, applicants will be asked to do the following:
1) Attend an Information Session to learn more about our organization and the application process (REQUIRED)
• Wednesday, September 8 at 6 p.m. (Hays Cape Room)
• Monday, September 13 at 8 p.m. (Hays Cape Room)
• Monday, September 20 at 8 p.m. (Hays Cape Room)
• Wednesday, September 22 at 6 p.m. (Virtual)
• Tuesday, September 28 at 7 p.m. (Interfaith Prayer Room)
• Sunday, October 3 at 4 p.m. (Student-Alumni Council Room)
• Monday, October 4 at 6 p.m. (Virtual)
• Wednesday, October 6 at 5 p.m. (Student-Alumni Council Room)
2) Attend one of our general body meetings and Prospective New Members Events (recommended)
3) Complete and submit our online application by Sunday, October 10 at 11:59 p.m.
For more information on upcoming events, deadlines and updates during our recruitment season, join our Remind101.
TEXT “@OSUSAC” to 81010 to join!