Email, emails and more emails! Below is a gallery of some we have created for our alumni clubs and societies. All email requests should be submitted via Workfront.
Visit our Workfront tutorial page to learn more.
We also highly recommend that your group keep an active group-administered mailing list to communicate with your members and alumni directly, on a more regular basis. Below are some best practices to consider and an example of an email from a common email marketing service: Mailchimp.
• Email with a purpose: make sure there is a clear call-to-action (i.e. Learn More, RSVP, etc.)
• Utilize updated and approved logos for group
• Include pictures to help complement text
• Focus on using high quality photos vs. quantity of photos
• Provide information about upcoming events
• Use links to different parts of your club’s website in reminders and information (membership, events, scholarship, etc.)
• Less is more – keep written content concise
• Talk about more than just sports: utilize stories from the University and the Alumni Magazine as well
• Make sure there is an easy way to sign up for your mailing: include a link on your group’s website