Buckeye alumni groups are invited to join The Ohio State University Alumni Association in celebrating kindness on February 17. Encourage your affiliated alumni to partake in this annual tradition. We know everyone can use more kindness in their lives and scientific evidence shows us the positive effects of doing kind acts for others as well as receiving or witnessing kindness.
Here are some simple suggestions:
- Hold the door open for someone
- Thank someone who you appreciate
- Send a card or flowers to a friend out of the blue
- Treat someone to a coffee
- Offer your help to someone
- Allow someone to go ahead of you inline
- Make a donation to a local food bank
Ask alumni to share additional examples or their personal stories of random acts of kindness on your social media outlets.