I’m not an alum – can I still join?
I’m a member of The Ohio State University Alumni Association, Inc. (OSUAA) – what’s the difference?
What are the membership benefits?
Where do my dues go?
How long are my dues good for?
Didn’t I already pay this year?
Who can I contact with additional questions?
Yes, membership in the Alumni Club is open to alumni AND friends of Ohio State.[ Back to Top ]
Although the Alumni Club is a chartered organization of the OSUAA, we are distinct organizations, each with its own membership. The OSUAA was founded in 1879. It operates internationally, and its vision is to make Ohio State stronger by being the biggest and best dues-supported alumni association in the world. Information on the governance, strategic plan, and operation of the OSUAA can be found on the OSUAA website
The Alumni Club is an organization for alumni and friends of Ohio State in Metro Washington, DC. We host sports, social, service, networking, and cultural events year-round for Buckeyes in DC. We also help OSU with its student recruitment efforts and distribute approximately $10,000 in scholarship money annually to local students attending Ohio State.
Your tax-deductible Alumni Club dues are counted towards your OSUAA sustaining membership.[ Back to Top ]
Alumni Club membership benefits for OSUDC include the following:
- Membership dues are tax deductible
- Exclusive access to member only events
- Automatic Entry into raffles for free tickets to sports and cultural events
- Free or discounted pricing for all OSUDC events
- A 10% discount on OSU merchandise from Conrad’s
- Be the first to hear about educational and enriching experiences in the DC metro area hosted by the university and/or OSUDC
- Discounts on food at participating Buckeye Game Day partner locations
- Receive a free raffle ticket at each OSUDC Buckeye Game Day event
- Network with Ohio State alumni, faculty, students, former athletes, and supporters
- Ability to serve on OSUDC committees
- Access to football tickets
- 20% discount on admission to the Jack Nicklaus Museum
- A subscription to The Ohio State Alumni Magazine
- Alumni Association rate at The Blackwell Hotel
OSUDC Member Benefits
OSUAA Sustaining Member Benefits
Your membership helps OSUDC do the following:
- Meet local OSU-bound students at college fairs & the annual student send-off picnic, and help them learn about the many opportunities at Ohio State
- Support students studying at Ohio State’s John Glenn School of Public Affairs each semester by helping fund their visits to local cultural and historic sites
- Socialize together every fall football Saturday for Buckeye Game Day events to cheer on the Buckeyes to victory, as well as throughout the year for other OSUDC events like the Annual Meeting & Spring Reception; Summer Picnic & Student Send-Off; Capitals, Nationals, Wizards, Washington Football Team, and DC United games; DC area tours; happy hours; and more
- Contribute to Ohio State’s positive image in the greater DC community by helping with service projects supporting worthy organizations like Adopt-A-Highway, DC Central Kitchen, Food & Friends, and Hands On DC
The OSUDC and OSUAA membership year runs from January 1 – December 31.[ Back to Top ]
Our membership year is from January 1 – December 31 each year. If you have any questions about your current status, please contact our membership chair, Alex Temple, at firstname.lastname@example.org.[ Back to Top ]
For more information about joining or renewing your membership, please contact our membership chair, Alex Temple, at email@example.com.[ Back to Top ]